Tulip Academy Spalding is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities. We demonstrate this across our campuses and this is highlighted through our Mission Statements. This commitment applies to work in the classrooms, our recruitment, retention of staff and our work in the local and wider community.
As part of C.I.T, Tulip Academy Spalding will ensure every pupil is entitled to the same opportunities to learning irrespective of race, culture, gender, language, disability or religion.
The C.I.T Equal Opportunities & Diversity Policy is written with regard to the following legislation: The Equality Act 2010 and The Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011.
The full policy can be found by using this button:
At Tulip Academy Spalding we have pupils with a variety of barriers to their learning; our mission is to work with pupils in breaking those barrier down. Throughout the curriculum we will ensure that pupils understand the importance of equality and what forms discrimination can take and the impact discrimination can have.
Our aims are to:
- Ensure all pupils have an equal chance to make full use of the education the school offers
- Encourage a positive attitude towards all people and positively encourage engagement in the wider community
- To meet all pupils special needs
- Encourage the physical, cultural, moral and spiritual development of all pupils
- Encourage respect and tolerance for others
Our equality objectives are:
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities
- To continue to narrow the gap between pupils eligible for pupil premium and those that are not
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school